So, anything to talk about this week? Anything new?
Yeah, I know, for those of us in the US, and everyone else watching around the world, things are a little anxious right now, huh?
And we thought COVID-19, racial violence, and police brutality protests were the sources issues are of huge levels of uncertainty and anxiety for 2020, right?
I guess we could say that if there’s one thing we’ve learned this year it’s that, yes, things CAN get worse!
But, that’s not what I want to talk about today, because, frankly, I think we’re all talked out on the subject, or at least I feel like I’m all talked out right now. If you don’t realize that anxiety and other mental health issues are sitting heavy on all of us this year, I don’t know that there’s anything I can say that will convince you of it. I want to talk about some good things, because, why not? I want to appreciate the following:
- No matter what happens with the election, the sun rose today. It will set tonight, and rise again tomorrow. And I am here to see it.
- I am thankful for the many friends and family members we’ve been in touch with in the last few days, even if it’s just to text and say “WTF”?
- Laughter, because sometimes there’s nothing else to do but laugh, and it’s good for you.
- You are here, reading this. You’re Alive!
- Hope, that as long as there is a tomorrow for any of us, there is hope in the fact that things are always changing in the world, and in our lives.
- Love. For each other, and ourselves.
- The technology that lets us all check in with each other, across the world, at any time.
So, with that in mind, check in, with your friends and loved ones, with other folks online, with each other right here. There is so much in the world that we cannot control, let’s find the ways we can contribute, and support each other. That we can all do, in our own small ways.