In light of yesterday’s news about Robin Williams, lots of folks have been reaching out on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media to share their own stories of depression and other mental health issues, or make sure folks know where to go to get help, and that there is help for mental illness.
I even shared out my post from a couple of years ago about my story with suicide on Twitter and Facebook as well. It has been heartwarming to see so many, from all walks of life, coming out of the darkness and sharing their own struggles. I hope it’s something that continues. We all could do with feeling less alone.
TED Talks shared this playlist that I thought many of you might want to take a look at.
There’s quite a lot there, real stories from real people dealing with metal health issues. Exactly more of the kinds of stories we need to be talking about if we hope to stop losing good people to the lies their illness is telling them!
More Mental Heatlh Posts
- You’ve Already Done Hard Things
- Sad News – The loss of a mental health advocate and friend
- A long five years since I turned 50
- Are We Past Stigmatizing Mental Health Issues?
- There’s a New Form of Stigma Around Mental Health and It’s Extremely Dangerous
- Heal Without Judging How Others Heal
- Friendships Matter Much More than the Value We Place on Them
- What Matters Most for our Mental Health? Each Other
- Some Conversations Are Easier Online
- Mental Health Issues Are Not Internal or External, They’re Both!