Came across this list of books from the Younique Foundation website earlier. The list is specifically aimed at partners, family, and friends of sexual abuse and assault survivors.
If you find yourself close to someone who is a survivor, there are worse things you can do than pick up one of these books.
BOOKS FOR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- Trust After Trauma by Aphrodite Matsakis
- Allies in Healing : When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused As A Child by Laura Davis
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Ghosts in the Bedroom : A Guide for Partners of Incest Survivors by Ken Graber
- When You Are the Partner of a Rape or Incest Survivor: A Workbook for You by Robert Barry Levine
- Helping Her Get Free: A Guide for Families and Friends of Abused Women by Susan Brewster
- What About Me? A Guide for Men Helping Female Partners Deal with Childhood Sexual Abuse by Grant Cameron
- When Your Child Has Been Molested: A Parents Guide to Healing and Recovery by Kathryn B. Hagans
- If He is Raped: A Guidebook for Partners, Spouses, Parents and Friends by Alan W. McEvoy
- Little Girl Lost: One Woman’s Journey Beyond Rape by Leisha Joseph
Have you read any of these books, or another book that you would add to their list? If so, feel free to leave us a review!